Sunday, November 4, 2007

Smothered Pork Chops for Sunday Dinner




Happy Sunday! Wanted to do an old favorite with a new twist, so brought out my Mom's cast iron skillet to do one of her basic recipes with a little of my flavor. This recipe is easy and so delicious served with a salad, mashed potatoes and some applesauce. Comfort food is so right sometimes, even if the calorie and carb count is outrageous. So, save this meal for just the right time...and make up for it by eating salads for a week!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm enjoying your blog, and the photos are mouth watering! Can't wait to try your recipes.

Linda said...

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing your comments when you try the recipes for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Seeing these pictures and reading your blogs are making me incredibly homesick mom!!! It's times like these when I wish I were sitting at the dinner table infront of your amazing meals. I hope you froze a porkchop portion for me!!!! :)

Linda said...

Sounds like a comment from my daughter who is away at college! Well, sweetie, of course I froze a portion for you! Matter of fact, I plan to do a blog soon about how to freeze portions of homemade meals for kids away at college (or wherever). Love You!